Skip to content
Skip to search - Accesskey = s
Wilentz, The Rise of American Democracy, pp. 521-796.
Study questions will be posted the day before class.
Subscribe to comments with RSS.
1. What kind of influence do you think Wilentz was trying to emphasis that Americans had on their right to exercise power?
2. In which ways was Wilentz trying to distinguish the Jacksonian democrats from the Whigs?
3. Do you think Wilentz description of the Whig party compares to that of the present day Republican party?
4. Do you think their was two different systems of slavery, one in the north and one in the south? Why?
5. If Lincoln was alive do you think he would have been a democrat or a republican?
6. As the Whig party dissolved, Do you think the rise of Abraham Lincoln was inevitable?
7. List at least three ways the challenges from Jefferson to Lincoln decisively shape America.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Blog at WordPress.com.