- Jeffrey Record, “The Rapid Deployment Force: Problems, Constraints, and Needs,” Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, pp. 109-120.
- Mitchell Bard, “Interest Groups, the President, and Foreign Policy: How Reagan Snatched Victory from the Jaws of Defeat On AWACS,” Presidential Studies Quarterly, pp. 583-600.
- Catherine Scott, “Bound for Glory: The Hostage Crisis as Captivity Narrative in Iran,” International Studies Quarterly, pp. 177-88.
- “444 Days in the Dark: An Oral History of the Iran Hostage Crisis,” GQ.
- Ayatollah Khomeini conditions for hostages’ release
- Bruce Laingen (top US diplomat in Iran at the time) recalls his experience